Well, I’ve posted opinion blogs lately, and Tom’s posted yard updates, but that’s about it. So I’m going to do a photo catch-up of what’s up with us these days.
In August, we went to Ben’s house to hang out with some friends and spent the night at Tom’s parents’ house . The next morning, I got up and took some pictures of the pretty sunrise and mist over the fields. Below is a picture of one of their neighbor’s houses and barn in the morning sunlight.
- Sunrise in Rutledge, Ga.
Later in August, one of my best friends, April came down from Kentucky to give a presentation at the CDC. She came up for dinner one night while she was in Atlanta. It was so great to see her! We hadn’t been able to get together with her since she was in our wedding in April ’08.
- Me and Ape! So awesome to see her!
On September 4th, Tom and I took the pups to the “Toy Adoption Center,” which is what Sam and Liam call Petsmart because they tend to adopt toys that look like animals. Not this time. We got them each the Everlasting Treat Ball (which lasted about 1 day) and Snugga Wubbas, made by Kong. The Snugga Wubbas have survived so far, and the pups love them. Oh, we also got a new rug recently, and that’s what they are lying on in the living room.
- Sam and Liam playing with their Snugga Wubbas on the new carpet.
Here are a couple of pictures of our cuties sleeping. Sam is in the blue chair, which will be exiting our house (or at least the living room) quite soon. And Liam is cuddling with his dad.
- Sam on the blue “grandpa chair.” She is so stinkin’ cute.
- Liam and Tom, snuggling. Tom just calls it taking a nap.
On September 5th, we went to the first Tech game of the season. I wore black to remain neutral. We went with Ben and Eli, and it was fun to see them, but the game itself wasn’t too exciting.
- Tom and Me at our first football game this season. Tech slammed Jacksonville State.
- Ben, Eli, and Tom.
On September 6, I met up with some book club ladies and went to the Decatur Book Festival. It was fun!
- This picture is too dark, but the waitress didn’t know how to get the flash to work on my camera. Oh well, just glad to have a picture!
On September 7th, Labor Day, Tom and I took a few meals to our friends Devin and Elise Hipp, who had a less than a week old baby, Evelyn Grace Hipp. She is so good and adorable! I held her almost the entire time we were there. She was so precious! Oh, and it was “wear a team logo, get a free Chic-Fil-A sandwich” day. =)
- Elise, Me, and Evelyn. They might end up calling her Gracie. Not sure yet.
- Tom and Evelyn. Don’t they look sweet?
On September 11th, Tom and I had some folks over for dinner. We are going to be starting a small group together, and this was our first get together for that purpose. It was a lot of fun!
- L-R: Bryan, Jordan, Ed, Megan, Jennifer, Justin, Meghan, Tom. (and Sam and Liam are at the bottom of the picture wanting to be included.)
On September 12th, yesterday, Tom and I were waiting on our new couches to arrive for the living room. We decided to not stay at home waiting but to take the dogs on a walk at the Suwanee Greenway. It was so pretty outside; I had to get some pictures. There’s one of Tom and the pups too! =) Oh how I want a really great camera.
- I loved the pretty green of the leaves with the sunlight shining through them.
- Pretty bend in the river.
- Water break for the pups.
- Skink on a log.
- I only found the skink (above photo) because I really liked these logs. I took some pictures of them after the skink ran away.
- Loved the logs. Think I got enough pictures of them?
Not long after we got home, the couches arrived! =) YAY! We have been wanting to get leather couches-one regular and one sleeper-for a long time. Now, we have them! I also included a picture of some of our fall decorations. We love this season!
- Our new couches! yay!! We have our UGA and GT throws on them for football season.
- Not quite done with decorating our mantel for fall, but it’s getting there! =)
That’s what’s up with us including visual aids. =) Now I’m going to curl up on one of our new couches with Harry Potter. Wonderful way to spend an evening. *smile*