This year, for Christmas, Tom, his parents, and my parents all went in together and got me this baby off Amazon. I have wanted an SLR for a loooooong time. Since it arrived last week, and I would either open it then or wait until Christmas and pick a family to open it with, leaving someone out, I decided to open it early. Better that everyone get equal treatment than I open it in front of some parents and not the others. That was fair. So I opened it in front of Tom who would have been there no matter what. And I’ve been trying to learn how to shoot in manual. I think it’s going to take a while to get that down.
But I’ve been playing with my camera as much as possible, which led me outside the other day to take some pictures of the dogs. Liam brought his ball, because any time we are in the backyard, he thinks it’s “throw the ball and then chase me to get it back” time. As I was taking pictures of him and Sam, I noticed that he set the ball down…and it disappeared. “That’s odd,” I thought, seeing that the grass wasn’t that tall where they were standing. So I went over to check it out and this is is what my camera and I found:
- Running down the path they have made in our yard with the ball.
- The ball disappeared….
- “Mom’s coming! Quick, get the ball out of the hole!”
- “Uh..Oh, Hi Mom! What’s up?….Hole? No, I don’t see a hole…”
- “LIAM! She caught us! Why did you drop your ball right there!? Do something to distract her, quick!”
- “Gotta get it out while she’s not looking…”
- “That didn’t work. Let me try, ” he says.
- “Seriously, mom, what hole?”
- “Oh. That hole. Yeah….about that…”
- “…We can fill it back in, promise!”
- “You still love us, right mom?”
Right. They know I adore them, even when they’re bad (which isn’t often).
Actually, we have little holes all over our backyard, but this one is suspiciously located at the gate out of the backyard, and it’s much bigger than the other holes they’ve dug lately. Silly little dogs.