You know about bucket lists? You know, things you really want to do before you “kick the bucket?” Well, one of my friends has made a similar list for things she wants to do before she turns 30 in four years. She came up with 30 things she wants to do before she’s 30.
I decided I wanted to follow suit. Apparently, though, I’m less ambitious, because I could only come up with 15 things I wanted to do before 30.
I mean, there are more things on my bucket list, but to accomplish them in the next five years would be unreasonable. Of course, by the time my Nana was my age, she had learned to fly a plane, gotten her pilot’s license, bought a plane, flown all over the country with one of her girlfriends, been published in a flying magazine, and gotten married.
Things are so different in the world now. Nowadays, being adventurous costs a lot of money, people.
That’s her on the far right, cranking the plane. Rock on, Nana.
Anyway, here’s my list of things to do before 30:
2. Have a baby or two or three.
3. Travel to Italy.
4. Go to New York, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Pittsburgh for fun & to visit friends and family WITH Tom. (I’ve been to 2 of those places without him already.)
5. Take a dance class in salsa and/or swing dancing.
6. Get in awesome physical condition.
7. Go on a tropical vacation again with just my hubby.
8. Become good enough in photography to make it a form of volunteering.
9. Get over 100 subscribers to my blog.
10. Learn to sew.
11. Turn my t-shirts from college into something (like a quilt) so I don’t have to keep them hanging in my closet anymore.
12. Complete décor in my home so that it reflects me and Tom throughout.
13. Complete my three year stint of leading in Xtreme.
14. Teach Sam and Liam not to jump on people when they come in the door. (This might actually take until I’m 30.)
15. Go on a mission trip. (No, I’ve actually never been on one.)
I have 4.5 years to accomplish those things. That’s really not a lot of time.
How much time do you have before your next landmark birthday? (I think of these as 1-your first, 10-your first double digit, 13-first teen bday, 16-hello, driver’s license!, 18-legal adult, 21-legal to drink, 25-finally actually feel like an adult, 30-no longer in your 20’s, 40-over the hill, 50-mid-life, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, and every year after 95, really.)
What do you hope to accomplish before that birthday?