Today I’m going to share with you a recipe for something my friends call “White Trash.” I call it “holiday crack” because people make this around the holidays, and it’s SUPER addictive.
It’s also super easy to make. I first sampled this recipe at my baby shower in Covington, and the next week I was getting in touch with Kate, who had made it, to ask her for the recipe because I couldn’t stop craving it. It’s that good.
Kate had gotten the recipe from her Aunt Angela, and she graciously gave me permission to share it with all of you!
So here’s what you need:
1 box of Golden Grahams
1 bag of pretzels (I use the stick kind), broken into pieces
2-3 cups of salted peanuts
White chocolate bark (the recipe says one package, but mine was a small box so I used more.)
1. Take the first 3 ingredients, and mix them together in a large bowl (or two, because this is a lot of food, and you don’t want to spill it).
2. Put the white bark in a microwave safe bowl, and melt it at one minute intervals, stirring in between, until it is smooth.
3. Dump the bark into the bowl(s) with the other ingredients, and toss with two large spoons until all ingredients are coated.
4. Spread out on large surface covered in wax paper and allow to dry.
5. Break into pieces and enjoy!
I have a few photos I took on my phone of the batch I made.
Here it is cooling:
And here is a little bit of it when dry (very close up):
I’m not kidding when I say it makes a LOT. I filled several large tupperware containers with it, and I took it to share at Thanksgiving with both my family and Tom’s. We are still eating it. (Not that we’re complaining.)
This would be the perfect recipe to make for Christmas because it makes so much that with one batch, you can set it out at parties, and you can package some of it up as part of your gift to neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. They don’t have to know how easy it is! (Unless you have a blog.)
So try this out. Trust me- you’ll love it!